St. Peter Lutheran Church at Walburg, Texas 2017 - All Rights Reserved
St. Peter annual food drive for Caring Place in Georgetown
2016 Congregation Giving
From Worship Offerings and Special Donations, our Congregation Supported the following Organizations with over $21,000 in 2016
* Camp Agape
* Caring Place
* Faith in Action - Drive a Senior
* Gideons International
* LCMC Churchwide Support
* LCMC Texas District * Meals on Wheels, Georgetown
* Salvation Army, Georgetown * Samaritan Fund
* Taylor Ministerial Alliance (flood victims)
St. Peter continues to support special local and global needs in 2017.
2016 Ministerial Alliance
* The Taylor Area Ministerial Alliance challenged area congregations to donate at least $1,000 for flood relief supporting 21 damaged low income family homes. These owners did not qualify for federal relief and lacked flood insurance from the Memorial Day 2015 floods.
* St. Peter donated almost $1,500 to this worthy cause!
2016 Caring Place Food Drive
The St. Peter Thanksgiving Holiday Food Drive again benefited the Georgetown Caring Place. We collected 1,384 pounds of non-perishable food and other supplies. We also collected $1,745 in cash donations plus $500 matching from Thrivent.
This was again a roaring success!
Recent Major Recipients of Financial Aide from St. Peter Lutheran Church
Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign
In 2016, St. Peter congregation members rang bells at the Georgetown Walmart from Dec. 15 to Dec. 17, collecting $6,566.93 and surpassing the 2015 total. All funds went to the Salvation Army in Williamson County.
St. Peter Quilting Ministry
In March of 2017, the St. Peter Quilting ministry donated 60 hand-made quilts to Lutheran World Relief for those in need of warmth and comfort. This demonstrated a continuing commitment of skills and resources by this group. They also raffled quilts for funds to support other community ministries.
St. Peter 2017 Benevolence
(Through August 2017)
From Worship Offerings and Special Donations, our Congregation Supported the following Organizations with over $7,000 plus time and non-monetary gifts
* Boys & Girls Club of Georgetown
* Georgetown Project
* Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County
* Lutheran Disaster Assistance Fund - Hurricane Harvey
* Lutheran World Relief
* Meals from the Heartland
* Meals on Wheels - Georgetown
* Salvation Army - Canton Tornado Assistance
* Upbring - New Life Children’s Center
Over $4,000 additional dollars have been contributed to the LCMC Texas and National mission funds.
St. Peter will continue to support special local and global needs in 2017. Thanks to all members for the continuing generosity!