St. Peter Lutheran Church was formed on March 31, 1889, when ten men gathered at a farm house and began to draft a constitution. They purchased six acres of land for $70 and began construction. On October 20, 1889, 26 families (most of German descent) filed into the new church located in Walburg, Texas. It is called "The Little Church in the Valley" to this day.
As of 2013, our church had grown to 258 baptized and 183 confirmed members. We have 158 Voting members. The traditional sanctuary is white with beautiful stained glass windows that tell "The Story of Christ". The church will seat about 200 people and has a tall steeple with a loud bell that rings at all functions.
Just down the road, St. Peter has a cemetery. The pavilion was completed in late 2012. There are discussions underway about constructing a columbarium.
Adjacent to the sanctuary is the education and fellowship building. It contains classrooms, a kitchen, a gymnasium / fellowship hall and church offices.
Also adjacent to the sanctuary is the parsonage. This 2,000 square foot home has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and an office. It also has a large fenced back yard.