St. Peter Lutheran Church
2929 F.M 972 (at F.M. 1105)
Walburg, Texas 78626
Office: (512) 863-
Worship Services -
Holy Communion -
St. Peter Lutheran Church at Walburg, Texas
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ
August 24, 2019
Join us at our September 3 meeting @ 11:00 a.m. and then stay for Golden Oldies pot luck, devotions & dominoes. Stephanie H will lead the devotions.
* Lutheran Fall Festival in Fredericksburg: On Saturday, September 21, the congregation is invited to meet at St. Peter at 9 a.m. to car pool to Fredericksburg for the 32nd Annual Lutheran Fall Festival. The 5K Walk/Run begins @ 9 a.m. (Think we will miss that one, but you are welcome to make the trek earlier in the morn if you wish to run or walk.). Other events include a chili cook-
* Homestead Heritage: We are planning another social outing to Homestead Heritage in Waco for Friday, November 29. We plan to meet at the church at 9:00 a.m. and car pool.
* Meals for the Homeless: Stephanie H and Diane W made sandwiches for the homeless in August. Thank you for your willingness to do this a second time! Since we are doing this on a quarterly basis, Sandy C, Gerri Miklos, and Vinette M volunteered for October/November.
* Supplies for the Homeless: Stephanie H created and distributed bags-
* Pillow cases for hospitalized children: We will continue sewing pillow cases for Dell Children's Hospital until December 1. See Sandy C or Vinette M for a pattern if you wish to sew some pillow cases for the children. A big thank you to those who have already sewn pillowcases.
* Hope House: As the September monthly benevolence, Ladies Aid made a donation to the Hope House. In July, at Golden Oldies, Erland Schulze presented a slide program on Hope House, a non-
* Curtains: Thanks to Joyce C for making the new curtains hanging in our Fellowship Hall. They are beautiful!
* Nursing Home Visitation: Since our June and July dominoes games were so much fun, we are planning another afternoon playing dominoes with Gladys D at Wesleyan on Scenic Drive at 1:00 p.m. on August 27. All are invited us for a fun afternoon of dominoes. We will also celebrate Doris N's birthday on Saturday August 31 at 2 p.m. at the Legacy Georgetown, 4907 Williams Drive, and all are invited to celebrate this day. We miss our members, and this gives us a chance to share some time with them in their new homes.
* Garage Sale: The Ladies Aid Garage Sale on Saturday, August 10 was quite large. Thanks to those responsible for spearheading and advertising the event. Thanks to all who donated some of your treasures to sell. Thanks to all who set up and priced the items and to all who worked the sale. Thanks to all who purchased someone else's treasures. Thanks to Jerry B for concessions. And thanks to the clean-
* Quilting: The quilters have tied 32 quilts for Lutheran World Relief. Whoo who! We welcome Kathy B and Joyce B, our newest quilters. We could also use some help cutting the fabrics for the quilts. Howard N was out of town, and we have missed him. You can cut the fabrics anytime and anywhere. Training on the use of a rotary cutter, or any aspect of quilting, is free. We still have room for more quilters in our quarters. We share stories, laughter, and sometimes a few tears, and also do a little quilting. Join us for fellowship and fun.
* August Challenge: Love Yourself: Do something nice for you!
News & Event Details from Around the Congregation
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, September 10th, at 5:15 PM, if you wish to help make plans for
the worship services please plan to attend.
Worship Committee met on Tuesday, August 13th at 5:15 PM. We are starting to make plans for the fall season with Pastor Phil having a Labor Day Service at the Walburg Mercantile right after our regular worship service on Sunday, September 1st, from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Pastor Dean Hamilton will be filling in for Pastor Phil on Sunday, August 25th and September 29th. Maybe Pastor Dean will perform some of his Gospel magic one of those Sundays. (He executed a perfect performance for the children & adults at VBS).
Next Meeting will be in November. The 10/8/19 meeting has been cancelled due to Elaine’s travel plans. We wish her a safe and fun voyage!
Need a Driver: Due to Elaine’s travels, Evelynn W needs a ride to church on September 29 and October 6. Please call Evelynn, Elaine or the office if you can help.
Potluck Lunch on September 8 after church service. Join us to celebrate Grandparents Day. Bring a dish to share.
Cancer Support Group Cancelled: The Cancer Support Group for patients and caregivers in the community, previously announced for 9/21/2019, is unfortunately cancelled since Helen will no longer be able to lead the session. If anybody is willing and interested in leading this support group, contact Elaine. She has contact information for people who can help volunteers start these groups.
A new committee is forming for the long range planning of our property assets. If you have opinions or interest in planning what the future may hold or our church land holdings, parking lots and buildings,
The church council also voted to re-
Any congregation members interested in either of these efforts, please contact Allen or other council member to volunteer.
Next Council Meeting on September 10, 2019 at 7:00 pm.
The Golden Oldies will meet on Tuesday, August 6, at noon for a potluck lunch and games. Please join us for lunch, fellowship and games. Invite a friend and join in the fun, food and fellowship.
While we hope you will join us for worship and Bible studies, Pastor Philip and Amy have recorded and posted numerous sermons and Bible studies to either Facebook or YouTube. Search for “St. Peter Lutheran Church Walburg, TX”.
To make these videos easier to find, links to recent documents are periodically added to this website at the following link: http://stpeterwalburg.org/recordings.html
Many people pay their bills on-
Women’s Bible Study -
This Bible study will last 6 weeks, and the book is around $10. There is no video with this series and no lecture -
Most of us have experienced the "laundry list" phase of spiritual life, in which praying means giving God an agenda of needs to handle. How do we move to having real conversation with God? How do we hear what God is saying back to us? How can we make our experience of God being with us part of everyday life? This [Bible study] covers the disciplines of prayer and of practicing God's presence. Going deeper in those areas help us to draw closer to God in everything we do. In the words of Shirley E: Join us for fun, fellowship, and food from God's Word.
Plan to attend the LCMC National Gathering in Omaha. It is an annual four day event (Sunday -
CHI Health Center Omaha
455 North 10th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
A special thanks to everyone who participated in the Ladies Aid garage sale. We so appreciated your donations and the hard work (by so many) to make it a successful sale. The money raised will be used for charity. We praise the Lord for his many blessings and his generosity.
The Ladies Aid |
Granparents’ Day Potluck Lunch -
We will be celebrating Grandparents on Sunday, September 8th, after church service with a pot luck. There will be a special display called REMEMBER WHEN set up in the gym. Please invite your children and grandchildren and bring your favorite dish. For any questions please talk with Elaine S at 512-
Vacation Bible School 2019 was held on August 7, 8, & 9th from 9-
Story time concentrated on GOD IS GREAT AND HE WILL HELP YOU THRU. The children where engulfed by the stories and music. The teachers and students learned new songs. You have not lived until you have been in a room of 12 children with 5 gallon buckets upside down for drums, WOW. The children really did a good job in keeping the beat. Also you would find them dancing and jumping up and down. Outdoor activities included relay races and water balloons. Pastor Dean’s Gospel magic also amazed the children. And the children were thrilled to receive bags full of school supplies on the final day.
Although the number of children was not huge, we filled the Meadowcrest office building and we were filled with love and spiritual joy. A mother who just moved into the area was able to make new friends. Children had fun and learned about Jesus. Our members were touched by the love and warmth of the children. And the manager surprised us with a pizza party.
Thank You to all volunteers, parents, children and the management team at Meadowcrest. We could not do this without you!
Fellowship / Outreach Committee